Author Topic: The skinny italian  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Helen

• Global Moderator
  • Fanatic
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
The skinny italian
« on: August 12, 2010, 03:42:41 PM »
Talk here about Teresas book...

Offline veronicaromm

• Fanatic
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 6
    • Who Knew?  A writer's blog
Re: The skinny italian
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:14:08 PM »
No one has it right?  I don't and wouldn't.  That's just me.
Veronica Romm

Offline Nylon

• Jr Member
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 04:29:35 PM »
I actually have this POS because prior to this season and in the beginning of the current season I had no reason to dislike Teresa.  She wasn't my favorite, but she did piss me off either. 

Since I actually spend money responsibly...$11 mil. misspent won't sent me into a tailspin (unlike Teresa). I know the small percentage she gets off each book sale probably went towards a stupid barrette for her daughters or towards a vase to replace the one that Jacqueline's mother broke. Whatevs.

Offline lejames86

• Sr Member
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 09:26:09 PM »
I actually have this POS because prior to this season and in the beginning of the current season I had no reason to dislike Teresa.  She wasn't my favorite, but she did piss me off either. 

Since I actually spend money responsibly...$11 misspent won't sent me into a tailspin (unlike Teresa). I know the small percentage she gets off each book sale probably went towards a stupid barrette for her daughters or towards a vase to replace the one that Jacqueline's mother broke. Whatevs.

So do the recipes suck? I know she's got some stories intermixed and recipes named after people (pasta puttanesca, aka whore's pasta...hm wonder who that's about!), but I had hopes that there would be good, and healthier, italian recipes.

Offline eelpie

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:39:02 AM »
I actually think it's a pretty good book - and this comes from a classically trained chef. This has nothing to do with her on air personality, or her real life money woes.

The recipes are very simple - and there is a ton of information, and the photo's are done very well.

Could I have done without the cracks about Bethenny and Danielle, yes. But otherwise it's a really good cookbook, especially for beginners, or those who want good meals that are short on time, but full of flavour.

Offline Nylon

• Jr Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 02:27:56 PM »

Since I actually spend money responsibly...$11 misspent won't sent me into a tailspin (unlike Teresa). I know the small percentage she gets off each book sale probably went towards a stupid barrette for her daughters or towards a vase to replace the one that Jacqueline's mother broke. Whatevs.

So do the recipes suck? I know she's got some stories intermixed and recipes named after people (pasta puttanesca, aka whore's pasta...hm wonder who that's about!), but I had hopes that there would be good, and healthier, italian recipes.

To be honest, I haven't tried any of them.  they look good and appear to be very easy to prepare.  I will have to say this and I hope Bethenny does this in a nx recipe book: I appreciate the color, pictures, layout and overall aesthetic of Teresa's book.  I'm no fan of hers, but I hope Bethenny does something about her nx cookbook if she ever puts one out again.

Offline ~Billy~

• Thank You
  • Kim Zolciak-Fav HW of all time!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 01:01:07 AM »

Since I actually spend money responsibly...$11 mil. misspent won't sent me into a tailspin (unlike Teresa). I know the small percentage she gets off each book sale probably went towards a stupid barrette for her daughters or towards a vase to replace the one that Jacqueline's mother broke. Whatevs.

Hey Nylon! If you don't want the book Ill take it!  ;D

Billy Frasher  :-*
~Billy Frasher~

Offline Nylon

• Jr Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
Billy, I would like to try some of the recipes first.  Check back...;)

I realized what i typed in my first post in this thread...I meant 11 dollars misspent won't send me into a tailspin like Teresa.  Eleven MILLION dollars would send me into a tailspin....and many, many others which is why I dislike her.  She's a sketchy leech on the economy and a con artist.