Author Topic: Season 1 - Party Politics Season Finale  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Stacey

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 97
  • -Receive: 13
    • Reality Wives
Season 1 - Party Politics Season Finale
« on: October 08, 2010, 11:54:27 AM »
Wow!

Where to begin? DC got off to a rough and slow start as the new kids on the block, but soon the drama unveiled its ugly head, but of course we were all waiting for the white house incident to occur.

Just in case you didn’t know Michaele and Tareq were “invited” to the first white house state dinner, that is a huge deal. They forgot the invitation at home, arrived at the white house and the first person they spoke to a women, couldn’t find their names on the list. She then tells them to go on through they are early anyway. What?

The next morning, many news outlets, TV & newspapers state that the Salahi’s crashed the white house as they were not invited!

We find Stacie and Jason reading the morning newspaper, enjoying this new revelation. Stacie calls Cat and all have a gab fest over this mess.

Bravo’s production team decided to take the Law & Order approach; with each segment starting with a black screen and date, informing us of what, when and how it happened. All that was missing was the doink doink sound.

The group gathers and watches the congressional hearing on tv and revel in the fact their cast mates misdeeds are highlighted for the world to see. Every single question Tareq and Michaele repeatedly answered with:

“I respectfully assert my right to remain silent and decline to answer your question,”

I was annoyed so I know the committee members were frustrated. Tareq was even asked “Are you here, Mr Salahi?” and he responded again..

“I respectfully assert my right to remain silent and decline to answer your question,”

My thoughts on this: You have to have some guts to go to the white house uninvited after all this isn’t Wedding Crashers. This is the White House, where the most powerful man in America resides (the most powerful man in the world, Forbes). Even if, let’s say you had an invitation, do you understand how it looks to those of us looking in from the outside. Your name wasn’t on the list. You lost the invitation. Without proof of an invite, it looks like you crashed the White House. We don’t know your mental state, you could have harmed some very important people! It baffles me how they don’t see this. In order to get approval for a white house invite you have to be screened and pass all the necessary security measures.

Tareq stated in a previous episode an invite wasn’t needed, it’s just a formality? What? He also said it as an email invitation. Fair enough Law & Order IT Forensics team can recover deleted emails. But this would all be too easy to produce a pc or laptop.

From the Washington Post:

According to the committee staffer, Michaele also claims in the video footage that “the invitation just came in to us — first it was a phone call, then we received the invitation in the mail.” That appears to undercut the Salahis’ argument that a string of e-mails with a Pentagon official led them to believe they were invited to the event.

“If Bravo releases the Salahis from their non-disclosure agreement, I can comment on it,” said Best.

Bravo’s response:

On Wednesday 15th September 2010
    Bravo statement re: Salahis’ claim of “iron-clad” contract: “The notion that the Salahis have been barred under their contracts relating to ‘The Real Housewives of D.C.’ from speaking about their attendance at the White House State Dinner is simply not true. From the time of the incident until now, Bravo and Half Yard Productions, the producer of the series, have consistently and repeatedly stated to the Salahis and their representatives that they were free to speak to press, law enforcement, Congress and anyone else about attending the State Dinner. Indeed, they have given multiple press interviews on that very subject.”

So it appears that that only thing that is stopping the Salahi’s from talking about the incident is nothing.

Stacie decides to have a get together with the group, Mary and Lynda both decline, so it’s the Turners, Cat and the Salahi’s. Stacie and Michaele chat as if the biggest scandal just didn’t happen? Then finally Cat gets up calls them plastic and disgusting and decides to leave. Cat we find out was un-invited to the white house christmas dinner because of her association with the Salahi’s.

Phone records can be traced, emails can be retrieved. But a paper invitation would have been framed or kept in a safe.

Quote of the evening: What more did you need to understand that you were not invited? – Investigation Official

Next week: Part 1 of a 2 part reunion…

What are your thoughts?
Frank Costanza: I have been performing feats of strength all morning - Seinfeld

Offline HeadDivaInCharge

• Fanatic
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • My Blog
Re: Season 1 - Party Politics Season Finale
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 04:40:10 PM »
Certainly a grand slam for a season finale - I loved it.  I just hope they can keep up drama if they decide to renew.

I have to say, I have a soft spot for Cat, not sure why - but I love her.
Eve Lynne
Head Diva In Charge's Blog
Twitter:  HDivaInCharge12