Author Topic: Episode 1: Welcome to the District  (Read 5947 times)

Offline Stacey

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 97
  • -Receive: 13
    • Reality Wives
Episode 1: Welcome to the District
« on: August 05, 2010, 10:42:55 PM »
The first episode is always slow and we sort out who is the trouble maker, drunk one, vomitous mouth etc...

Here are my thoughts...

Stacie seems level headed and sensible.
Mary is very homely, a housewife and likes her wine!
Lynda I like her a lot, speaks her mind in a little snobby way.
Michaele obviously is the professional social climber and we are all waiting to see more drama unfold.
Catherine is very much not aware of her surroundings and speaks whatever comes to mind (Ramona RHONY) and lets everyone know her photographer husband is the most important person in DC.

What were your thoughts...  8)
Frank Costanza: I have been performing feats of strength all morning - Seinfeld

Offline UselessHousewife

• Jr Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the District
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 12:09:15 AM »
Maybe I am calling it too early but I think Stacie has a chip on her shoulder. I know Cat brought up sort of politics at the gathering but Stacie totally missed the fact that Cat's husband worked for W for 8 years and is currently working for Obama. Her dander went up when Cat stated W attended her wedding and Obama did not. Stacie stated, "Obama had work to do." I understand politics in mixed company, especially with the great motivator of alcohol, is never a great idea, but I think the situation was blown out of proportion.
I'm not a desperate housewife ... just a useless one :)

Offline veronicaromm

• Fanatic
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 6
    • Who Knew?  A writer's blog
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 12:53:28 AM »
I think Stacie is a social climber as well her jaw dropped and she ooood and ahhhhh listening to the Brit talking about her photog husbands proximity to Biden and Obama.  Lynda clearly is two faced and does not like Michaele for reasons that don't add up yet.  She called them 2nd tier but to her face she says "you know I love u".  I liked Mary best she has a cool family and seems to be fun and to have had an interesting life.  Hard to tell what will happen but there is nothing too interesting thus far.  Yawner.
Veronica Romm

Offline LIV-LAF-LUV

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 02:33:55 AM »
I agree with UselessHousewife on Stacie.....good grief the drama from RHONJ is gonna look like a sandbox fight compared to political/race drama on this show.  I know its DC, but I get tired of W blame game.  To some people Obama, is their W......can't we ALL have an opinion without getting our panties in a wad? I'm not sure I can watch a whole series of political drama.....if I wanted to see that I'd watch the news or C-SPAN!

Offline khuckster

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »
That stunt that Salahi pulled on the veiw turned me off completely!
DRAMA QUEEN!

Offline Helen

• Global Moderator
  • Fanatic
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 08:44:24 PM »
I really am not so keen on Michaele. I think she will cause a lot of issues with the other cast. She could be another Danielle staub who knows. But i really cant wait to see what happends next.

Offline veronicaromm

• Fanatic
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
    • Who Knew?  A writer's blog
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »
That stunt that Salahi pulled on the veiw turned me off completely!
DRAMA QUEEN!

100% agree what an idiot she is. I love Whoopi for not giving a crap.
Veronica Romm

Offline Aries24_7

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 01:23:41 AM »
Ok where do I start?

Stacie-I like her so far. I think she is fascinated with all things Obama but that's not a crime. I see in the preview in next epi she talks about Cat. She should have addressed all concerns right then and there.

Lynda-she seems to have it all together at this point. It also seems Ebong can level her out if the drama starts to surface (calming spirit).

Mary-bored me to tears. I think she lost me with the biometric closet. And if that wasn't enough the integrated salons sent me packing!!! Lol

Michaele-I still need the correct pronounciation of her name. She is an energizer bunny. No disrespect but her energy reminds me of Lisa Wu-Hartwell (RHOA). I am over her sneaking in the white house but this Whooping accusation speaks volumes. The Salahies definitely seek the lime light at any costs.

Ok hope I didn't forget any one.

Paul-Paul Paul Paul do something anything with that hair. Other than that he's cool too. Hehe

Offline Aries24_7

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 01:28:24 AM »
Oh damn I forgot Cat. This one has diarrhea of the mouth and I love it!!! I agree she is the Ramona of DC. She demands the center of attention and does it by riding her husbands coat tails. I have a feeling her mouth got her divorced and sent back to London. She may have exposed too much on the show. Her husband is too close to the President to ne dragged into reality drama. Poor baby. Ok that's it from me until next week...

Offline Peary85

• Jr Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 09:40:35 PM »
I'm not watching the show but it's got to be hard for Stacie being the only black woman on the show.  Below are some stats although they add up to over 100% it does show that the there are more black people in DC than any other group of people. I don't think that Bravo tried hard enough to find a cast that is truly representative of the DC area.

The first number is DC, the second number is in the USA

White persons, percent, 2008 (a)  40.1% 79.8%
Black persons, percent, 2008 (a)  54.4% 12.8%
American Indian and Alaska Native persons, percent, 2008 (a)  0.4% 1.0%
Asian persons, percent, 2008 (a)  3.4% 4.5%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, percent, 2008 (a)  0.1% 0.2%
Persons reporting two or more races, percent, 2008  1.6% 1.7%
Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin, percent, 2008 (b)  8.6% 15.4%
White persons not Hispanic, percent, 2008  33.1% 65.6%

mybaby24

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 02:14:30 PM »
I can't even bring myself to watch DC...ive watched every other city from day 1, the very first day the show started with the OC....for some reason this seems soooooooooo boring!!! i'd rather watch repeats of past episodes as well as Bethenny!

Offline Phil_E_GIRL

• Fanatic
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 01:43:59 PM »
Okay I just watch the DC show online because  ::) well I had nothing better to do. I am not really interested in politicians and socialites. It isn't like we are going to see what really happens at the White House!
My take on the "wives" of DC:
Let me start with Stacie, judgemental and looking for racism. I can not believe how fast she turned on Cat. WTH did she expect inviting a person she didn't know anything about to her home for cooking and conversation? Stacie wants an "in" with the Obamas and she knows Cat's hubby could make it happen. Just my opinion but if Stacie met President O (like the picture she has) she wouldn't need Cat to throw a dinner party with the Obamas and invite "us to"(Stacie). Stacie seems like she is trying to impress everyone, with her "personal Chef for Janet Jackson". People can have different opinions and not like a person because of their ACTIONS, it doesn't have to be because of their race. So Stacie is getting a  :(
Cat, She is English people not American! She is a different breed and does care anything about our politics because it has nothing to do with her. I love it, she is going to say whatever she wants to who ever she wants. She seems to be the typical Britt so get use to what Stacie thought was "rude" because you are gonna hear more. I like her and her no bull crap attitude. Cat gets a  :)
Mary, IMO this is a whole lotta fake and she is gonna unravel, with the help of so WINE. But I may be wrong so Mary is getting a  ???
Lynda, Okay we found the Queen Bee (at least she thinks she is the Queen Bee). My spider sense is telling me she is two faced and likes to talk behind peoples backs about them. Lynda is going to get a  >:(
Lastly Michaele, as of now she seems to be a tiny happy little pet, like an over energetic lap dog that wants to love on everyone. I didn't see the view so I am only going by this episode. I like her spread the love hugs (although I am not up for them myself, please don't touch me)and positive outlook. As far as this episode Michaele is getting a  ;D (side note about her size, I knew a girl like that she was a minus size and her energy was worse then the energiser bunny).
Over all I thought it was a snore and wont watch unless I have NOTHING else to do.
Follow me on Twitter @ Phil_E_Girl
Best RHW Blog www.housewivesblog.tv/

Offline BelliniMartini

• Fan
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 11:51:26 PM »
It's so early to tell about this one.

They are all strong women in their own right.

Mary seems like she's fun to be around, but watch the wine Mary. Your mouth runneth over, and your foot gets inserted in it.

Stacey successful, but defensive about what comes running out of Cat's British mouth, just consider the source.

Cat, well I like a little outspokenness, sometimes you need to learn to shut-up. Again a case of to much wine.

Lynda, Hhmm not sure yet. I think there is a past with Micheale , and perhaps there is history that has gone unspoken till now.

Michaele , the pied piper on crack. Bouncing her way through life. Her and Kelly of RHONY need to get out there and do some cartwheels together to get the crazy energy out of them. Don't like showy people myself so, a bit turned off by her and her hubby.

It's early in the show. Remember they all start off boring in the beginning. Fasten your seat belt's it could be quite bumpy.
Glenda_JB

Offline DCzumba_wife

• Fan
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • GlitterMango!
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 02:40:02 PM »
Sadly, I'm just NOT feeling anyone yet. I tried to watch episode #2 but it was so unreal and a yawner I just couldn't. So pissed off cause I was soooo looking forward to the DC ladies but they are not as showy or glam and maybe they all still have that camera shyness? really hoping these characters develop soon, if not I think it's a big flop for Bravo...sorry!