5 (21.7%)
Vicki Gunvalson
1 (4.3%)
None
6 (26.1%)
LuAnn de Lesseps
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: The Authors  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Stacey

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 97
  • -Receive: 13
    • Reality Wives
The Authors
« on: August 12, 2010, 05:57:38 PM »
Whose book have you read & how many stars would you give it? Its very difficult to get the actual number of books sold. Even when a book is on the NYT bestsellers list. We know Bethenny & Teresa made the list. If anyone can get numbers sold that would be great!
Frank Costanza: I have been performing feats of strength all morning - Seinfeld

Offline BobbiNJ

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: The Authors
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 07:53:11 PM »
I read both of Bethenny's and think they're both five stars. Read Teresa's. It is a good, healthy Mediterranean diet but I didn't appreciate the digs she took throughout the book at other housewives. So........3 stars because it definitely made it not as much fun to read.

Offline wamma45

• Jr Member
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • For the Love of Jewelry Advisor and Blogger
    • For the Love of Jewelry
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 07:57:09 PM »
The book I read that helped me to get inspired about my business was Vicki's.  The most entertaining one by far is LKBC by Alex and Simon.  They are both excellent writers and am hoping that they do more writing together.  T's book, just have looked through it, haven't tried any recipes yet.
Happy Wife, Happy Life!

Offline tucker2j

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 08:20:43 PM »
Read Naturally Thin...Good read. Makes sense and easy to follow.  Did not loose a lot of weight BUT maintained what I did and to me that is major. That is worth its weight in gold.  I love the book and ready to read the next one.

Offline RyneBaumhover

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »
I haven't read Alex's book yet, but I have (an autographed!) copy of it. I have read LuAnn's and waiting for Danielle's book to get cheapier. And as a male, Skinny Girl and Naturally Thin won't work for me. LOL. But am waiting for A Place of Yes in May. Jill...don't even get me started on her.

Offline Phil_E_GIRL

• Fanatic
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 08:38:57 AM »
I haven't read ANY of the books yet because I just can't make the time right now. Most of you know about the big cross country move, well I was also a full time college student (put on hold for the time being) and have 3 kids home all day for summer vacation. The first book I plan on buying is Teresa's because I want her recipes and then Bethenny's. I don't really have a weight problem, like a lot of moms I would like to drop 5-10lbs but it's not an issue with me. I really need to exercise and just start eating healthier NOT diet.
Follow me on Twitter @ Phil_E_Girl
Best RHW Blog www.housewivesblog.tv/

Offline Helen

• Global Moderator
  • Fanatic
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 07:58:52 AM »
I have been reading  Teresa Giudice's book. And its amazing. So many good foods :)

Offline Peary85

• Jr Member
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 10:00:53 PM »
I haven't read Alex's book yet, but I have (an autographed!) copy of it. I have read LuAnn's and waiting for Danielle's book to get cheapier. And as a male, Skinny Girl and Naturally Thin won't work for me. LOL. But am waiting for A Place of Yes in May. Jill...don't even get me started on her.

Actually Naturally Thin & Skinny Girl theories will work for you just like weight watchers works for men.

I haven't gotten Alex's book yet but want to read it.

As for Stars I'd give Bethenny 5 stars for Skinny Girl and 4 for Naturally Thin. Am looking forward to her next book. 

I'm also interested in Vicki's book.

Have no desire to read Jill's book as she's rubbed me the wrong way since the first episode of RHoNY and based on Luann's lack of manners I don't think she's the right person to educate others about manners.