Author Topic: Project Ladybug  (Read 5174 times)

Offline Stacey

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 97
  • -Receive: 13
    • Reality Wives
Project Ladybug
« on: September 28, 2010, 09:13:27 AM »
2008: Public contributions $40,057. Program and Management Expenses $31,744, which counts for over 78% of collected funds. See for yourself.

Source: Directly from the State of New Jersey
Frank Costanza: I have been performing feats of strength all morning - Seinfeld

Offline geoaubsmom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Project Ladybug
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 10:03:24 AM »
Next time you post my own personal internet screen shot, please give me the courtesy of asking and please give me credit for the research.

Offline Stacey

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • Reality Wives
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:22:13 AM »
Next time you post my own personal internet screen shot, please give me the courtesy of asking and please give me credit for the research.

Thank you geoaubsmom for researching this information and bringing this to the attention of all. Your work is much appreciated.

Update: I removed the original picture and went directly to the State of NJ website and got the information there.

Offline momsthoughts

• Fan
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 09:32:52 PM »
Dina DM'd me today after I asked her about this.  She explained "The $20,300 alone was ONE check to the hospital. The others are direct donations. The 10k that was left was our reserve for our next event"

She further explained that a full investigation was conducted.  A few problems were found - for example she did not include the number for consumer affairs on  invitations.  This is an admin "rookie" error.  Doesn't mean the charity is not legit or that funds aren't being used properly. 

I write this only because I know first hand how much these children and families need the help that Project Ladybug gives.  To see this hurt by rumors or misleading interpretations of the facts is not right.  I just ask that everyone not jump to conclusions and give them benefit of the doubt - otherwise you are just hurting a charity that helps children. 

Dina also told me they are currently working to get updated, current financial information onto the website.  I just ask that you give them the benefit of the doubt and let's wait and watch b4 jumping to conclusions.  (remember these numbers are also from 2008!) 

Thanks

Offline Stacey

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • Reality Wives
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 09:39:12 PM »
Thanks momsthoughts

Offline HeadDivaInCharge

• Fanatic
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 12:22:13 AM »
I am a member of a non-profit charity and you know what.  Some years are wonderful, some are not.  You can't judge on this alone.....  Dina seems like a very smart women, and I don't doubt that she has smart advisors on the project, but these are hard to start up, just like a company.  Obviously she is under fire because she is Dina from the RHONJ but trust me, many non profits look like this.
Eve Lynne
Head Diva In Charge's Blog
Twitter:  HDivaInCharge12