In the streets of Chicago, success is the only way out. Black Ink Crew Chicago follows a passionate and ambitious group of friends through the unforgiving streets of Chicago as they band together to create new identities for themselves, their families, and their business. After years on the rough streets of “Chi-raq”, the artists at 9Mag have risen to the top of the tattoo game. Formed in the wake of a tragedy, 9Mag is a daily reminder of the struggles they work to overcome, and of the bright future that lies ahead, if they play their cards right.
The cast includes:
- Ryan is the owner of 9Mag, a prominent Chicago tattoo shop. Ryan created 9Mag as a legacy to his late sister and niece. Ryan’s drive and ambition are the strength of 9Mag, and he’ll do whatever he can to keep his family together.
- Kat is the hottest female tattoo artist in the Chicago area. She is the “little sister” of the shop and has the guys wrapped around her finger. Phor and Kat flirt shamelessly, but Kat finds it hard to commit because of her ambitious career goals.
- Phor is a 9Mag tattoo artist, but his true love lies with music. He burns the candle at both ends – tattooing, spending time in the studio, and, of course, partying with his 9Mag family. He’s quite the ladies’ man, but he has his eye on Kat.
- Charmaine is 9Mag’s event planner. Her flirtatious nature creates tension and drama in the shop, especially between Don and his girlfriend, Ashley. But that doesn’t stop Charmaine from tearing it up on AND off the dance floor. This Southern belle is a fireball and definitely knows how to capture a room.
- Don is Phor’s little brother, best friend, and assistant. Don has a great sense of humor and a big heart. Though he gets into his fair share of trouble, Don tries to maintain his focus so he can provide for his girlfriend, Ashley, and their two year old son, DJ.
- Danielle is 9Mag’s “good girl” receptionist who strives to keep it together when things are far from perfect. She is Charmaine’s cousin, and Kat’s former college roommate. While Danielle has her life together, she definitely knows how to throw down and party with the best of them. And, if you mess with her girls, watch out!
- Van is Ryan’s former business rival, and got his start tattooing in his mom’s basement. Over time, he developed an incredible reputation as an artist. He took it to another level when he partnered with Ryan, his previous competition. Van is the “big brother” of the group and always tries to hold it down for the 9Mag family.
The tattoo shop is a magnet for celebrities, hip-hop artists, and athletes who all want to be inked by 9Mag artists. The Crew has made it to the top and are all riding the wave of their growing empire in the tattoo world. Now they just have to hold on to their success and protect their 9Mag family at the same time. Watch as their rise to stardom begins…with Black Ink Crew: Chicago.
Black Ink Crew Chicago premieres Monday 26th October at 9/8c on vh1.
— Black Ink (@BlackInkRW) January 21, 2015