Duck Dynasty star, Korie Robertson, 41, reveals in her new advice book, Strong and Kind: And Other Important Character Traits Your Child Needs to Succeed, that she quietly underwent major surgery last December, a hysterectomy, and spent more than six weeks recovering in excruciating pain.
Kori’s said the procedure was much more difficult than she had expected.
“I never dreamed it would be two weeks of getting out of my bed only to move to the recliner. There were moments of bravery during this awful time. I had to do a couple of interviews for the television show, and I had to make one appearance. I managed to fake feeling good,” she writes, adding she was shocked when a doctor told her she would likely be just 85% recovered in six weeks.
Kori is married to Duck Dynasty CEO Willie Robertson, was forced to face fans while secretly enduring excruciating pain.
Kori was frustrated with her limited ability to move and says she burst into tears when she realized her children— Rebecca, 27, John Luke, 20, Sadie, 18, Will, 13 and Bella, 13 failed to help out around the house during her time of need.
“The house was destroyed! My house looked like a frat house after a party.”
But after confronting her children and they seeing her distress, they promptly apologized and cleaned the entire home.
“We are now able to laugh about the whole incident, which I love. It’s okay for your kids to see you vulnerable,” Korie says in her book.
Strong and True is available at online retailers and bookstores.
Kori’s book joins the many books written by the Robertson family, check them out:
- Exploring the Joy of Christmas: A Duck Commander Faith and Family Field Guide by Phil & Kay Robertson
- Blessed, Blessed . . . Blessed: The Untold Story of Our Family’s Fight to Love Hard, Stay Strong, and Keep the Faith When Life Can’t Be Fixed by Missy Robertson
- The Good, the Bad, and the Grace of God: What Honesty and Pain Taught Us About Faith, Family, and Forgiveness by Jep & Jesssica Robertson
- A New Season: A Robertson Family Love Story of Brokenness and Redemption by Al & Lisa Robertson
- Live Original: How the Duck Commander Teen Keeps It Real and Stays True to Her Values
- The Women of Duck Commander: Surprising Insights from the Women Behind the Beards About What Makes This Family Work
- unPHILtered: The Way I See It
- Good Call: Reflections on Faith, Family, and Fowl
- The Duck Commander Family: How Faith, Family, and Ducks Built a Dynasty
Source: Radar Online
— Duck Dynasty Fans (@duck_dynasty) March 27, 2013