Gilbert Arenas Suing Laura Govan For Leaking Damaging Emails About Him & Laura Cannot Contact Gilbert In Any Form
Gilbert Arenas is suing Laura Govan for leaking her emails to him to the media and has also filed a stayaway order.
In the court documents filed by the ex-NBA star, he says he has text messages between Laura and the blogger. The emails were published last week and include allegations of infidelity and domestic violence.
Gilbert claims that Laura violated a court order which was just signed in August to keep quiet about him, when she leaked the email. The court order says Laura cannot make “derogatory or disparaging remarks” about Gilbert.
Gilbert also accuses Laura of leaking a letter his attorney sent to hers, detailing their visitation agreement and violating the rules for exchanging their four children.
If Gilbert wins this lawsuit, it could potentially change their current custody arrangement.
In the stayaway order Laura has to abide by these rules:
- Laura Govan shall not harass, attack, strike, threaten, assault (sexually or otherwise), hit, follow, stalk, molest, destroy personal property, disturb the peace, keep under surveillance, impersonate (online or otherwise), or block the movements of Gilbert Arenas.
- Laura must not contact Gilbert in any way, including but not limited to telephone, mail or e-mail. She is only allowed to contact him regarding the children and ONLY using a third party co-parenting website, Our Family Wizard.
- Laura can not take any action directly or through others to obtain the addresses or locations of Gilbert.
- Laura must stay at least 100 yards from Gilbert.
- All custody transactions of the couple’s minor children will be done in public and will be facilitated by a nanny. Laura will not be present.
- Laura must take one year of anger management classes and must provide a certificate of completion no later than September 1, 2016. If she chooses not to attend classes, Laura can attend therapy, minimum one session per month for a year.
- Laura can not make any ill comments about Gilbert or their court case, either in private forums or around their children.
Failure to abide by these rules means that Gilbert can file a temporary restraining order.
What are your thoughts? Post your comments below.
Laura Govan Leaked Emails; Gilbert Arenas Slept With Her Laura’s Family Members & Nanny; Had Draya Beaten; Arson & STD’s
Gilbert Arenas Welcomes Daughter With Girlfriend, Serves Laura Govan With Eviction Notice
— Sports Wives (@Sports_Wives) December 26, 2013