Last week we wrote about Danielle Simmons who alleged she was groomed by three Seventh-day Adventist pastors – Herman Davis Sr, Marcellus Howard & (no first name) Bates and a technician by the name of Clement Hunter.
We came across a young lady by the name of Shirdell Dollar who also claims that Herman Davis destroyed her family. We spoke to Shirdell and she shared part of her story.
According to Shirdell, Herman had an affair with her mother for at least a decade. Mrs Dollar thankfully, came back to the Lord and repented, unfortunately she passed away, a few years ago.
While we know both people are to blame for an affair, I have to ask shouldn’t a ‘man of God’ be above these things.
This article is an emphasis on what appears to be a pattern of sinful and inappropriate behavior from Herman a supposed man of God.
Shirdell’s father went to Herman for marital counseling, but Herman ended up taking advantage of vulnerability of the situation while coercing and manipulating her mother into an adulterous relationship.
Shirdell remembers telling her father to tell, “Pastor Davis to leave mommy alone,” as she recalls knowing something wasn’t right with Herman being around all the time, especially after she witnessed him being too close to her mother physically, whispering in her ear once.
Shirdell believes Herman seduced her mother, which caused the break up of the Dollar’s marriage. Shirdell saw a complete change in her mother’s behavior, which she believes was caused by Herman’s influence. This caused undue stress on the Dollar’s daughters – Shirdell and Ashlee, who saw their parents marriage destroyed by a pretended pastor. Younger sister Ashlee also shares she has experienced anxiety and depression due to the discord in the family caused by Herman.
According to a source, who wishes to remain anonymous, “before Herman came to Bethany Seventh-Day Adventist Church, in Miami, FL, he was having an affair at the church he previously ‘pastored’ at and after he was removed from Bethany, he had an affair with another congregant at his new church.“
The destruction of the Dollar’s marriage occurred in 1991 and ripped Bethany SDA apart at the seams.
Most of the members sided with the adulterous pastor and treated Mrs Dollar, and her children like lepers. If the affair took place why was only one person treated like a ‘sinner?’
Shirdell’s father, Mr Dollar tried earnestly to save his marriage, but the demonic influence of the third person in his marriage, Herman; had already done it’s damage. Mr Dollar took his case to the South Eastern Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, with concrete evidence of Herman’s unholy presence in his marriage, but Herman was rewarded by being placed at another church.
When Danielle told her story of how Herman was able to mind bend, and coerce her into doing things she didn’t want to do, this resonated with Shirdell as that was exactly what she believes, he did to her mother. She sees Danielle’s coming out story as a moment of redemption, only because, she feels brave enough to also come out with what her family experienced, because of Herman.
Shirdell says, she was depressed and strayed from God as the toll of what Herman did to her family, which was overwhelming. She struggled immensely with this change in dynamic to the family unit, because of the influence of this man.
She remembers coming home at the age of 18, and seeing Herman cooking in her mother’s kitchen, he obviously was startled seeing her, as she wasn’t expected home in the middle of the day, and he said to her, “I’m here doing my ministry work.”
As a result of their encounter, Shirdell’s mom kicked her out because her daughter caught Herman at their home.
Shirdell felt Herman’s influence in her mother’s life was too taxing, she felt alone as she was ostracized, as no one believed her as a child, or her father, over a ‘beloved’ pastor.
Shirdell believes Herman took her childhood and adolescence.
Shirdell shares her testimony, about traumatic events she experienced while in the streets, but she came back to the Lord, who she believes loved her and carried her through her pain and devastation, of what happened in her life:
“He restored me, so I can have another chance at life. I was downtrodden, I was suicidal. I believe He kept me, He kept me alive. The Lord had his hand in keeping me. I was ready to die, but the Lord saved my life. I thought I was cursed and damned to hell, I thought I was nothing. But the Lord had plans for me. He saved me.”
I asked Shirdell what she would say to Herman if he apologized for his unrighteous demonic behavior, she said, she doesn’t know, she has been fighting with this stress for years.
Apparently according to another anonymous source, Herman Davis has been a problem in the church for decades, “He’s a predator.”
If you have been assaulted by a pastor, deacon, elder or someone in the church please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
- Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Matthew 7:15
- But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 Peter 2:1
- Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2 Timothy 3:5
- Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1
- Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 1 Corinthians 6:9
- For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 1:4
- For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Matthew 24:24
- And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14
- But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul. Proverbs 6:32
- Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. Hebrews 13:4